Thursday, October 19, 2006

Clean Money

My absentmindedness, rather carelessness, reached absurd heights today.

I left my wallet with all my credit/debit cards, money, bills and so on in my trousers while washing them. No one can say I have dirty money anymore because all of it is washed, dried and squeaky clean! I guess I must be thankful that all the paper bills etc. in my wallet didn't catch fire in the dryer. After being under high temperatures in the dryer I doubt if any of my cards will work, which means a lot of telephone calls to the banks etc. trying to order replacements and shelling out fees! This most definitely is not my week I must say...

Years ago when I was still in college, I carried around a learner's license for my bike for a long time because I was too lazy to apply for a permanent one. In those days the learner's permit was an A4 sized piece of paper on which the RTO folks would put a renewal seal every 6 months and after about 3 years there was virtually no space to put another seal. One day I put my trousers to wash with the license still in my back pocket. As it happens with these things, my license was almost immediately up for renewal. Partly because I was busy and mostly because I couldn't face the RTO folks with that washed, smudged piece of paper, I sent Lover Boy to collect it back for me. The smart alec at the RTO told Lover Boy, "Nim friend ge heLi license clean aagi itkoLodhu oLLedhu aadre thoLyodella bekilla antha!" Translation: "Tell your friend that keeping the license clean is a good thing but he doesn't need to wash the license for that"!!

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger tantrik-porter said...

AW! shucks! That must have hurt! :-(

 
At 7:04 AM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wash, you dry. you live, you learn. you blog, you laugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home