Friday, July 14, 2006

Bengalooru special

I wanted to post this several days back but didn't because I did not have a camera with me when I went to work. Anyway TOI beat me to it day before.

This is a photograph of 100 Feet road in Indiranagar, Bangalore where my company is located. The wonder that is the BDA built a flyover, asphalted the road leading upto it, and then promptly dug it up to put up the Shamiyana (Pandal) for the inaguration of the same flyover!

Yes, the same airport road flyover which has been under construction for more than 3 years now. For almost 2 years the flyover was in a half constructed state and Tantrik used to joke that the powers were in the process of declaring it an Archeological heritage site in India.

Update: I just read that quite appropriately even the inaguration was delayed by over two hours. And guess what the flyover seems to have created more problems than it has solved. While the traffic jams were not a surprise the flood angle is new. Bangalore never ceases to amaze you, does it?

Update 2: I removed the photograph because I didn't want to get into any copyright issues. Waiting for the denizens at TOI to give permission to use the photograph..